15 November 2018
ALGAO UK has organised a training day, to be held at the Birmingham and Midland Institute, Birmingham. The theme of the day will be Urban archaeology in the UK and will be run by the Urban Committee.
The provisional programme is below. Attendance is free for ALGAO members, non-members will be charged.
Provisional Programme for the day
- 10am Coffee
- 10.30 Welcome
- The outcomes of the Urban Archaeological Strategy project (David McOmish, HE).
- Research agendas and urban archaeology- which way forward? (Dan Miles HE)
- Managing the urban archaeology of Edinburgh (John Lawson)
- Managing the urban archaeology of Ipswich (Abby Antrobus)
- 12.30-1.30 Lunch (provided)
- Roman London: the challenges of big data (title tbc) Dominic Perring
- Anglo-Saxon urban archaeology; does the concept make sense? (John Blair, Oxford University)
- 2.30-2.45 Tea and Coffee
- The Challenges of synthesising urban data (title tbc)- Nigel Baker
- Recent research into medieval towns (Ben Jervis, Cardiff University)
- 3.45-4pm What next?