13 April 2018
Merryhill Training Centre, Fife
This course will enable you to apply a variety of lime render finishes to a wide range of backgrounds including matching to existing finishes.
The practical element of this course will cover a range of backgrounds and include undertaking small ‘patch’ repairs to existing finishes. Both hand cast and mechanical applications will be demonstrated and attendees will gain an understanding of a range of surface finishes that can be achieved.
This course is aimed at those working within the construction industry who have had practical building experience and trowel skills. We are always happy to help learners choose the right course. Please contact us if you would like to discuss which course is suitable for you or your employees.
- Ability to evaluate substrates and create repair strategies;
- Determine binder types and mix ratios;
- Ability to sequence works for application of external lime finishes;
- Ability to execute the application of external lime finishes successfully.
- Determine background type, suction characteristics and appropriate preparation requirements;
- Develop a strategy for application requirements taking into account the building details, location, exposure and environment;
- Scheduling work – season of working, choosing appropriate access and application method, scaffolding and protection regime;
- Determine application techniques by hand or mechanically, coat thickness, ensuring successful bonds between coats and ensuring flat work;
- Explore different types of surface finishes including flattened, textured and lined out finishes;
- Diagnosing defective work and taking remedial action.