19 October 2017
Charlestown Workshops, Fife
Time: 09.30 – 12.00
Join us for the ultimate guide to winter working with lime! Our hints, tips and practical advice will help you extend your season working with lime mortars successfully. The reality is that contracting is a 365 days a year business and you don’t have the luxury of picking your weather windows.
This seminar is aimed at anyone who works with traditional buildings or structures. The half day will consist of a mixture of lecture and practical demonstrations.
- Background to the risk elements of winter working in inclement weather;
- Creating a sensible regime for work;
- Best site practices;
- How temperature influences the performance of mortars;
- The importance of detailing on a building;
- Using additives in mortars;
- How to achieve the successful curing of mortars;
- Options for protecting and covering work from the elements.